Lana Cake @ Greenwood Ave



Lana cake, by word of mouth has become famous for many reasons.

The Grandmother of all Chocolate cakes, or so the rest say.
Service is as snoobish as what everyone says too. The attitude of the auntie changes once you mention you want to order a cake. Prior to that, it's sheer arrogance.



The long awaited block of cake.



For the taste test, moist soft sponge cake with light chocolate fudge. It's not quite the modern dense, decadent, calorie defying chocolate cake you'd expect. The fudge is much like the jell-o kind, not cloying sweet...light in fact. The family ranks Awfully Chocolate higher than Lana.

They don't sell them in slices, by the way. Bookings are highly recommended lest you want to risk getting a earful for dropping by or asking too many questions.

It's one over-hyped chocolate cake..to put it point blank it's more fuss than substance, well...been there eaten that!


Fast forward, a couple of days, cracks appeared on the surface of the cake. The cake was dry at some parts and moist at the others. Inconsistent quality within the same cake.

800gsm, $32
Lana Cake
36 Greenwood Ave

Comments

  1. Geez... when I first try this cake, I do find it good but having compared with other chocolate fudge cakes, this was a plain disappointment... Among Jane's, Choc.a.bloc, Awfully and this, this was the only one that leave disappointment among my colleagues... I guessed the winning factor is it being old-school and most who patronize are regulars over the years...

    Yea, the service is not the worst but neither was it pleasant... They don't provide cake knife and they charged me 80 cents for a small box (my request so that I can pack it for my colleagues)... Oh well... Tried it twice and never again for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the worst part of it for us is the cake cracking! Other than that, pretty much agree that Lana's definitely not the best round.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment