Provence Bakery & Cafe Takeway



A gf so kindly helped me pack some stuff from Petit Provence Bakery, yes it's related to Provence Bakery at Holland V. I've walked past it once at Central and didn't feel so compelled to buy these petite lil things until the gf raved on and on and on about how good they are and how I must try them..and I did.

I'm impressed how good they smell. Throughout the whole time the bag of goodies were sitting under my desk till the time I reached how, the fragrance wafted out of the bag..like how perfume difuses? Absolutely fragrant!



Cheese Bun ($0.80)
Brazilian Cheese Bun with Soybean Flour ($1.10)


Very unassuming balls of fried dough these are. Looks ordinary, almost like dry bread that comes complimentary with butter. Anyway a bite into the small ball, I am impressed at how it explodes, "chewy, cheesy and sticky" as described. It's got the right level of each all in a bun, cheese isn't overpowering, neither is it too chewy. All in, a brilliant ball of dough. And it fills you up considerably, don't underestimate its prowess.

The Cheese bun was lighter in taste, still chewy and sticky and cheesy.

Absolute yums these little delights are!



Cinnamon Roll ($1.50)

Basically a flaky cinnamon pastry with cream cheese. I like how the pastry isn't dry and bears a well balanced cinnamon flavour. Surprised that cream cheese and cinnamon go quite well together.



Croissant ($0.60)

Small but delicious.

That's Japanese-French baked goods for you, petite and pricey. Worth the experience though. I figure if I were at the bakery itself, I'd have gone crazy bakery shopping! The gf bagged 20 pcs herself. Not quite an unbelievable feat when it's Provence.




Choco and cream wassant ($0.60)

It was hot off the oven! Soft and tasty. I like how the cream is woven into the layers of bread. Nice!

The choco wassant had a light hint of chocolate, very light as well. It smells stronger of chocolate than it tastes of it.

www.provence.com.sg/petit

Petit Provence
6 Eu Tong Seng Street,
#B1-29 The Central

Comments