Opus Deli @ Lau Pat Sat



Another of the snacks from ST's Top 100 Yummiest treats; Opus Deli Green Apple Crumble. The dodo in me walked round Lau Pat Sat in an attempt to locate this, only to realise that it's right next to Prima Deli!



Their board of fame, there's carrot cake (chinese), swiss rolls, apple crumble, durian tart and their cheesecakes on it...that kind of sums of everything they have.



What they've got to offer!



People streamed in and out of the tiny shop buying their most popular item, yes, the green apple crumble. The gf told me they've got cemepedak crumble as well but those weren't sold that day. Durian tarts are sold every now and then too.

The crumbles are baked freshly, the bakers were busy baking the new batch of crumbles while I made my purchase. I like how the fragrance of freshly baked goods fills the air. :) Makes the food yummier.




I zoomed in on the signature.



Green Apple Crumble, $2


It's not as small as imagined, the size of a small apple in fact. A crunchy dense biscuit base is filled up with diced green apples and juicy raisins and topped off with a crumble-cake like crown. I loved the top of the crumble best, moist and fluffy yet crumbly too! The filling isn't overly sweet, and best of all a crunchy base! Now this is one serious crumble that has two of my favourites, the crumble top and biscuit base.

I overheard the girl behind the counter assuring the freshness of the crumbles, they can be left up to two days without refrigeration. I didn't test that out, they're too good to be left overnight.

Update: I had seconds of this place barely days after the first. The crumble fared not as well as the first. Inconsistency? The sis agreed that the biscuit base is less crunchy, more crumbly in fact this round.

I'm looking forward to their cempedak crumble though, missed it again!

Opus Deli
Lau Pat Sat (Next to Prima Deli)

Comments