Les Bouchons @ Ann Siang Hill

Another birthday treat! Les Bouchons it is as suggested by a gf who walked past once. A very small place that sits a max of 20 people inside and maybe 6 outside. Reservations are highly recommended. When the group of gfs and I made our way there at a prompt 7, it was already 50% filled!

A google before visiting the place revealed that they're known for their "Parisan Steak Frites". All along my perception of French food is all things creamy, think foie gras, escargots, duck in bite sized portions..and not forgetting all things foamy that they so love to serve! I could never quite get a dish made partially with foam.

Ann Siang Hill's a gem, not as overrated as dempsey nor as secluded as villa bali..there's an artistic aura about this whole place.



The very limited menu and cutlery that looks somewhat different! *points to the knife*



Cosy interior...reminds me of a bar. The walls are adorned with paintings and corks.



Sitted right next to the door!



First up, complimentary and freeflow basket of bread with President butter. The magic I say lies with the butter! Oh soooo good with the hard on the outside, warm and soft on the inside butter roll. I had two servings of that alone!



Burgundy Escargots with Garlic Herb Butter (9pcs) , $16. Escargots that came in a hot plate and sizzling too. I'm a huge fan of escargots that taste much like shellfish. The garlic herb butter's the main star, so very appetizing..I couldn't help dipping my bread and polishing it off greedily.



Grilled Ribeye Steak with "Vigneron" Butter (Served with salad and freeflow of Home made French Fries, $32.80

Boy oh boy...this took quite awhile to arrive but it's certainly well worth the wait! A thick slab of beef...tender and juicy. Done to a perfection, medium. A very simple dish but they made it a star. The fries are definitely part of the reason behind all the raving reviews, there's just something about them that isn't soggy nor oily...you can't really stop eating them honestly. We loved it so much we had seconds for the fries alone!



Grilled Fillet of Salmon, $32.80

The very thoughtful chef actually asked one of my gfs if she's "pregnant"...*thumbs up!* They cooked the salmon more thoroughly. Meaty chunk of fish that wasn't fishy, very fresh and meaty.



The salad that's refreshing and divine.



The sauces that I had a bit of everything. Love the horse radish and this other creamy sauce I forgot what...

Creme Brulee of a birthdaycake that I accidentally deleted! :( I had the quaint restaurant singing a birthday song for me. Nonetheless, it came with the sugar burnt to a right brown, a jab into the dessert and spooning the wobbly custard into our mouths..the rest I say...absolute heaven! The best creme brulee ever, the custard's totally smooth and melt in your mouth, none the tofu texture that some places have.. I wanna be back already!

Service is delightful..not intrusive and thoughtful. The food is definitely worth coming back for, for the value and quality. No doubt the limited dishes they have to offer but they are all stellar dishes. Les Bouchons is one of those places that does amazingly in what they offer, indeed quality over quantity. A brilliant start to French food!

With so many reasons backing my second visit...I shall go find some khakis to materialise that!

Les Bouchons
Ann Siang Hill (Opp The screening room)

Comments