Chinese New Year Edition - 2

What I adore about Chinese New Year is..the never ending goodies...this time, what was given to us!

For the battle of the barbequed meats! I grew up with Bee Cheng Hiang, somewhere in between absconded to Lim Chee Guan, last year I hoped over to Kim Peng Hiang and...then this year, the parents bought LCG. :( The queues at KPH were too freaky for any of us to ever attempt. That's the thing about Singaporeans...we Q and Q and allow suppliers to make vegetable heads outta us.. and have them laughing all the way to the banks. As with rice dumplings..kueh lapis...pineapple tarts...



Lim Chee Guan Bak Kwa

The royalty of barbequed meats..all cut up and ready to eat! One of my favourites, with the right thickness and bite...well marinated too! Not too sweet...



Fragrance XiangWei Bak Kwa

Sharon Au was the leading lady behind their slew of advertising campaigns...comes with a handy lock-lock container (that aunties like the Mom goes gaga over). Apparently not much of a queue...anyhow, we unveiled a package of dull-looking bak kwa, upon re-heating...very thinly sliced bbq pork slices...sweet to the palette...tastes more like "lup cheong" flattened than the bak kwa I'm familiar with. Too thin for my liking, lacking somewhat in the meaty bite.

http://www.fragrance.com.sg
Up to $45 per kg.




Dai Dong "Chuen Hup" Chinese Sweets

I've got very fond and sweet memories of these traditional chinese sweets. I remember clamouring for them at the Gran's place many years back..back then when putting in toffees and chewy sweets weren't the thing, then. Melt in your mouth heavily sugared sweets, ranges from coconut flakes, lotus root, lotus seeds, carrot, lime..$2/100gsm at Chinatown! My favourite of the lot: lotus seeds!

麦可思 Cottage house Gift hamper of 3 biscuits, Black sesame, pineapple rolls, pistachio cookies



Gorgeous looking hamper, opens up like a treasure chest. I adore how they're individually packed in boxes that fold in so nicely! My colleague mentioned to me where she got this from and I totally forgot. :( Anyhow it's a Malaysian Bakery...sweet cottage? cottage hut? boo.. memory loss....-hmmm-



Three types of cookies, Black Sesame, Macadamia Nut, Pineapple Rolls. The cookies are flaky, falls apart rather easily...and have this buttery smell and taste about it. My favourite of the lot has to be Black Sesame.

Comments