Christmas Edition 2 - Logcake, bread, fruitcake...

More of the sin this festive season!

Fourleaves

Gingerbread Man, $1.40



The gingerbread man's too dry..and overpowering in cinnamon taste..ack! Looks better than it tastes.

Goodwood Park Hotel

Durian Logcake, $55, 1kg




The second logcake this year!



I've always got my reservations towards all things durians, this year..I let my guard down and invited the King Of Fruits onto the dining table. It's known as the legendary signature D24 Durian Logcake. It was too frozen the first night we cut it, tasted exactly like a block of ice-cream . The second attempt revealed a creamy durian delight! The spongecake's very soft, the durian paste isn't pungent nor overly sweet...yummy! Still traces of durian in it, but bearable. Now I get the hooha about Goodwood Park. I thought the furthest I'd go is cream puffs, welcome on board logcake! A must buy every year now.

Fairmont Hotel

Courtesy of the ofc.

Bread with Stuffing



I call this a complicated loaf of bread. Heavy it is, in terms of weight and stuffing. It's 3/4 stuffing and 1/4 bread. The stuffing has figs, pears, apples and raisins all mashed. I like it!

Christmas Cake



Fragrant and soft...! The raisins aren't too sweet..pity there's no liquor in it, if not it'd be one helluva fruitcake! The family adored this to bits.

Comments