Wedding Dinner @ Conrad Hotel



The third wedding dinner for 2008, somehow I think Nov-Dec's a popular period for couples...and a pinch on a pocket too. Conrad was the location, 10 course dinner...that started slightly later than usual...doors were firmly shut during cocktail.



What's above me..the mersmerizing ceiling!



What's infront of me..



I'm beginning to wonder if getting the servers to announce the dish is tres fashionable, within a span of two weeks, I witnessed that. The only variance? Conrad's not very consistent with the dish announcement.



Cutlery all on one side..I don't think I made use of all of them.



Individual condiments in a saucer! I like that...you don't have to share it with the rest, assuming they're not friends nor acquaintances.



Once again, white roses arrangement with a romantic candle burning atop, giving the warm cosy glow.



My wedding favour of a miniature conrad wedding bear! I was lemming for one JUST before the dinner at their conrad-teddy-bear xmas tree! :)

Sliced Barbequed sucking pig served with crepes, Smoked duck, Chicken dipped with sesame paste, deep fried dumpling and jelly fish with sesame seeds



The cold dish sampler was predictable..no huge surprises on this one apart from the deep fried wanton which I found its shape special.

Braised Shark's Fin Soup with crabmeat, roe and bamboo pith



Shark's fin soup albeit expected but it came in individual pots! The first time I'm served soups in pots at weddings. It's got this golden yellow hue to it..hardly could taste the crab roe. Slightly on the starchy side..and somewhat bland..at least it warmed the tummy quite a bit!

Sauteed Prawns and scallops with honey peas in spicy sauce



The prawn was artificially crunchy, scallops...alright. A must have at all weddings but not spectacular in taste.

Steamed Red Garoupa in Hongkong style



Fish that I found too rubbery.

Pan-fried Ostrich Steak with Chef's special sauce garnished with asparagus and onion



I was looking forward to the "Ostrich steak" partly because of the food description..*oops* I was joking with the cuzzins about how chefs make use of "special sauce" as a cover up for food that the general public does not agree with. It tasted much like char siew with the special sauce, tender and easily cut into bite sizes (depending on what cut you received, it was too tough for the thicker cuts) The asparagus didn't quite go with it. A special mention, I love the caramelized crunchy sweet onion garnish!

Braised whole baby abalone with Lingzhi mushroom and Hongkong Cabbage



The baby abalone was the attraction with a huge fan of a lingzhi mushroom. The most decent dish of the night, lip smacking good too!

Crispy Pi-pa chicken Garnished with baked almond flakes



Chicken's very normal, mine came without the almond flakes. Loved how the chilli-sauce-bean sauce goes with anything!

Stewed Ee-fu noodles with hoshimeji mushroom, beansprout and homemade sauce



Too soggy and soft, 'nuff said. I had a field time picking out the mushrooms!

Hot cream of walnut with glutinous rice dumpling



Way better than Ritz's, the walnut cream's creamy and not too sweet. The walnut fragrance was mild, with two black sesame glutinous balls...a nice sweet touch to the end of dinner. You bet I downed the whole bowl and slurped it clean.



A first for me! Filling up a "feedback form" after a wedding..

Conrad's not over the top with service..food is decent..the ballroom had alot of things going on at the ceiling (I spent a great deal of time admiring the ornaments and lights they had up there), only complaint, they should really train their waiters not to keep knocking into chairs and walking as if they own the pathways though space is always a challenge during banquets but having your chair consistently knocked into throughout dinner is no joke!

Comments