Oscar's @ Conrad Hotel



All I wanted was some pampering on a rainy, dreary day, I dragged the sis along for one of those girly bonding. Oscar's for dessert it had to be, after that very droolicious banana fritter dessert at its dessert spread we had early this year.

Not much choice on the a la carte menu though, we were seated outside with dim lights. We opted for "As good as it gets ($17)", a delightful dessert for 2, comprising of six mighty scoops of ice-cream with whipped cream, strawberry sauce AND seasonal fruits. That's quite a mouthful! I didn't want any chocolate, and made clear instructions on that. The waitress was so cute, she came over later to clarify what I meant by "no chocolate", that means "no chocolate chips, no mint chocolate, no chocolate at all right"?

I was amused but really appreciated her kind gesture.



So it was 6 non-chocolate scoops in a humoungous wine glass! As far as the tongue can differentiate, it was raspberry sorbet, strawberry ice-cream, pistachio, vanilla, raisin and...some other flavour that really doesn't quite taste very different. It came in a huge wine glass, as huge as my face. Glorious looking display indeed!

Chunks of strawberries and raspberries with generous squirts of whipped cream and that decadent six scoops...rendered me more full than full. It's any child's dream, to have unlimited scoops of ice-cream...we were reduced to chirpy girls but after a while...it got a little too much. Everything became milkshake. :P

Nonetheless, we finished it to the last milky drop. I say it's a once in a blue moon treat, I don't deny having a superbly great time trying all the ice-cream scoops! The ice-cream isn't fabulous but somehow the whole presentation made me bubbly happy.



Service has always been a pride of theirs, the warm water came in individual warm flasks...me like that!

Oscar's
Conrad Hotel

Comments