Hob Nob Cafe @ Far East Shopping Centre

Hob Nob Cafe was a choice of dinner at one gathering I had. Far East Shopping Centre's indeed one of the most unlikely places to hangout, ever. To date, I still hold strong to that misconception. I seriously thought that place smells and speaks "dingy, dodgy and all things negative." Anyhow, it's located on the third floor, turn right...and you'd see a quaint cafe with two tellys, not very spacious in fact just enough space to house a group of 12 and the cafe's full.



Laminated menus with battery operated candle lights and past seasoned-chinese new year decor gives the place a somewhat "back in time" feel, as if the world outside the cafe's moved on much faster.

The simple cutlery..

The pal's mushroom soup with such timeless porcelein bowl, I couldn't take my eyes off the bowl. It's creamy and good and well, if it's any point to prove, he finished it down to the last drop.

My choice of Chicken Sausage ($9.80) that looks as bad as it tastes. My initial order of Spicy Chicken Thigh was sold out. Sliced soft sausages that tasted as if they were canned were drowned heavily in some bean black sauce which I took no fancy to. I spent a long time trying to scrap off the sauce. Thinly sliced mushrooms were part of this horrific dish as well. At least the better tasting coleslaw and fries tasted decent.

Most of the diners had Baked Fish which honestly tasted so much better than my Chicken Sausage. Baked fish with melted cheese and herbs, not the usual dory fish but it's tasty nonetheless.

A cook, a helper and a waitress/lady boss is all Hob Nob has to offer. Earnest and sincere service offered. The kind lady boss passed a friend who had a bad throat and whooping cough mint sweets to alleviate the itch and constantly topped up her glass of warm water. I couldn't bear to admit the dish I chose was half as bad...

Not sure if I'd give it another go. Not the cheapest, not the best tasting...not high on ambience...just service.

Hob Nob Cafe
#03-18/19 Far East Shopping Centre

Comments