Amonde @ Tangs Basement



A hidden bakery replacing Gelatissimo at a somewhat obscure corner of the foodcourt basement selling pastries, cakes, macaroons and othellos! I zero-ed in on the cheerful coloured desserts immediately. Amonde offer a cheaper alternative to the pricey macaroons we have in places like Canele, Bakerzin, Gobi...Carousel at Royal Scotts. $1.20 per pop for both macaroons and othellos.


Eye candies they all are, loving the colours!


Othello is a cake sandwiching flavoured cream drizzled with a pastel-chocolate-like shell. I found the cake spongey, light and absolutely lovely.


Blueberry macaroon came in a shade of blue that's normally not used for food, I tried it all the same. The shells are on the soft side, crushing apart when I tried to break into two. The creme in between isn't the usual meringue more like jam, blueberry jam to be exact. Not quite the same as the other macaroons I've tried elsewhere but good enough.

At such affordable prices to satiate the craving, I say...anytime!

Amonde
Tangs Basement

Comments