Marmalade Pantry @ Hitachi Tower

Marmalade Pantry once again...with the enjoyable company of Blamer and Leecher! :) Fond memories of the birthday this year at Palais Renaissance and I've been dying to head back there again...intermittently satisfying the cupcake crave with Toast ones, which are actually the same and cost the same. Food-wise, the range is wider and more wholesome at Marmalade Pantry, given Toast is more for tea and quick-lunches.

I've been told Marmalade Pantry at Hitachi has 2 seatings over lunch..12-1pm, 1-2pm..and we sat through 1.5 of that, with waiters interrupting to clear plates, pass you menus for dessert, and briskly clearing your dessert plates..in that order. All in a bid to shoo you off the precious seat for another hungry diner.

I had to go with Ribeye Steak Sandwich with grilled onions, avocado & wasabi mayonnaise ($24) given that I really enjoyed it the first time and it's an all-time favourite for Marmalade fans. Blamer had the same! I'd have to say it's exceptional, even better than the first time I sunk my teeth. The sandwich was huge, generous servings of chips (which I really adore cos' it's not your usual boring crinkle/french fries/potato wedges..reminds me of Kettle chips!) and the salad with balsamic vinegar. Oohlala. I had my steak medium well, juicy and tender...none too tough. Just right. For once I didn't mind the chockfuls of onions in the sandwich...the wasabi mayo could've been stronger but was a really enjoyable and tantalizing treat on the tastebuds! For once, I polished my plate clean, really clean...and I bet I must've surprised them with my huge appetite.

Leecher had Spaghetti Alio Olio with Confit of Pork Neck & Chilli ($20). Presentation was somewhat interesting with the pork neck looking exactly like roast pork, and just 5 pieces of it. Apparently quite good.

What's Marmalade Pantry without their famous desserts?


Cherry Crumble Tart ($6.80)for Leecher, Chocolate Deluxe ($4.20) for Blamer and Limonata ($4) for me! The last two are cupcakes btw. The tart was somewhat like a brick...solid and a little bland. The cherries weren't the juicy kind...nearly preserved. Chocolate Deluxe was as good as it's always been...chewy chocolate, decadence! As for my all time favourite, it was a burst of surprise for the two...zesty, just the way I like it! The cupcakes are so good, they're normally sold out past a certain hour. Ta-pao-ed one and the recipient loved it too! That's the magic of cupcakes...and marmalade pantry.

Service could've been better...but for the food? It's as good as it gets! Pity that the place is bustling and noisy...will be better if it's slightly bigger in space though. Takashimaya's got the space and atas-ambience, somehow the sandwich tasted better in Hitachi Tower.

Definitely will be back...for more! Crab Caesar...Chicken Pot Pie...next! :)

Reservations are highly advised!

http://www.themarmaladepantry.com/
The Marmalade Pantry
#01-04
Hitachi Tower
16 Collyer Quay

6438 5015

Comments