Bishamon Sapporo Ramen @ Great World City

Noodles are a staple in every cuisine...For chinese we've got mee sua/jade noodles/kuay teow..yada...for japanese it's soba/ramen/udon...korean...ramyeon/buckwheat...decided to give ramen a go at GWC, after passing it by so many times.

Previous encounters with Japanese noodles were above satisfactory; ramen at Kyo Nichi, curry udon at Waraku, Soba at Sakae, so I was pretty hyped up for this, given its specialty is the ramen. Even the name of the shop seems to suggest so as well.


Pretty menus...like the pencil drawn buildings.

Zero-ed in on the "Mini Sapporo Ramen", a mini version of what their signature dish.

Shoyu Mini Sapporo Ramen it was! Hesitated over adding an egg, which on second thoughts I should have.

Noodles are tangy, soup's delicious but an overkill with the MSG and sodium. Found it too salty to my liking. The meat pieces are far and few. However, that being said..it's not too bad. The portion's just right for me, the usual portions are huge!

The rest of what I tried, gyoza that was normal, sashimi that looked and tasted unfresh...and tempura vegetables that wasn't extraordinary. I'd say Sakae's taste better!

Seconds anytime soon...? I'll pass for Waraku anyday.

Bishamon Sapporo Ramen

1 Kim Seng Promenade

Great World City #01-21B

Tel: 6235 2890

Comments