Ricciotti @ Riverwalk

Ricciotti is under the Garibaldi Group of restaurants, Menotti at Raffles City also falls under the same umbrella. Personally don't fancy Menotti's pasta that much, the highly acclaimed Tiramisu fell short of a gastronomical orgasm...at least their gelatos were good.

Clarke Quay's awesome for chilling and chi-chi eateries are popping up all over as well, believe that Ricciotti's been there for quite some time already so headed that for an all girls feast. Reservations were advised by the regulars in my group that Thursday night but surprisingly, it wasn't crowded at all. Maybe the weekends? I've heard about their weekend brunch though.


Found my cutlery with water stains...

SALMON SALAD - S$14.50
smoked salmon, fresh tomatoes, red onions, orange and balsamico dressing

First up, the appetizer...salmon salad. Was leafing through the plate searching for the smoked salmon. At some point I was wondering if the chef left them at the bottom or basically minced them. Apparently, the chef "FORGOT" to add them. :/ The plate returned with exactly 5 slivers of smoked salmon, one for each of us. Not too bad a salad with a refreshing crunch.

AL CRUDO - S$24.50
rucola, parma ham, pomodoro and mozzarella cheese

Very generous serving that feeds 5 hungry ladies pretty well. We had 1.5-2 slices each, the parma ham goes really really well with the thin crust it's got. I'm not high on thin crusted pizzas but ricciotti's made it yummy.

PENNE AL POLLO - S$23.80
penne with chicken, mushrooms and cream sauce

I've gotta be honest about my not being a carbonara fan but this dish is awesome! Not too cloying on the palette (maybe we were sharing all dishes so...I wasn't waving the white flag midway. :P), delicious.

SPAGHETTI POMODORO - S$19.80
spaghetti with tomato and basil

A disappointment as compared to the carbonara counterpart. Boring, in fact. I don't think I need to head to an Italian restaurant for a simple dish like this.


Desserts galore!

LIMONCINO - S$7.80
refreshing pie made of lemon custard and smooth meringue

Anything lemony and zesty rocks my boat and limoncino's a nice way to end the meal! I enjoyed the sour custard topped with meringue. Thankfully it wasn't overly sweet.


CATALANA - S$7.80
pistachio crème brule baked with chocolate jelly

Wasn't too impressed by their interpretation of creme brule...I'd stick to the regular charred sugary ones at Menotti. :P


SOFFIATO - S$8.90
warm dark chocolate cake with chocolate chip icecream

I took a bite of this...doubly sinful...but wasn't wow.


Two scoops of gelato; rum and raisin, pistachio

Gelato was good, as usual...at the very least, the rum and raisin was distinct in flavours, the crunchy biscuit completed it.

Overall a pretty satisfying meal at Ricciotti. Impeccable service with ever obliging waitresses/waiters to our demands (taking blur pictures for us/changing of seats cos of the stuffy weather towards the end of the meal) with minor hiccups (the missing salmon and water-stained cutlery!). I enjoyed the food experience though.

All pictures taken by me, rather lousy on resolution I know! ")
http://www.ricciotti.com.sg/

Comments