Dragon Boat Festival 2018: Joo Chiat Kim Choo

~Media Drop off~


DSC_7818

I grew up with Kim Choo Dumplings but that is not to be confused with Joo Chiat Kim Choo.
The latter is now based at Fook Hai Building, noob me overlooked that they now belong to Neo Group.







DSC_7833

Nonya Dumpling (From $3.80)


DSC_7840


Minced lean pork and winter melon strips is rendered the sweet bak zhang that I favour least back then. As a child I had ideas how certain foods should taste and nonya dumplings were confusing to me. Sweet based dishes should be desserts.

DSC_8268


Salted Dumpling with Egg Yolk (From $3.80)
braised pork, chestnuts, mushrooms




Hokkien by origin, this has been the family's choice for decades. I love the egg yolk first then the rest of the ingredients. Throw me salted egg yolk and the deal is sealed.


DSC_7823










Emperor's Dumpling ($10.80)
Canandian pork, 22 different spices, dried scallops, gingko nuts, chestnuts, shiitake mushrooms


DSC_7828






This together with the salted dumpling is my favourite and a truckload of ingredients that get buried within the sticky rice innards. If anything I get sold on chestnuts and lap cheong so there you have it, me and my weakness.


Their savoury dumplings are on the saltier side yet that said, I had a really filling few meals out of these!


DSC_7815



Prices will vary for the nonya and salted egg dumpling depending when these dumplings are purchased.

Comments