Panko Revisited @ Arab Street

DSC_5613




The funny thing about food choices is, I suspect I am a comfort food eater and I head back to these options every now and then because I crave a guaranteed good meal. It is even odder that I return for the exact same dishes I enjoyed previously too - talk about creature of habit.


DSC_5567


I am a fan of the whole vibe of the place, the neon lights, the whole hole in wall kinda feels though it is pretty much an illusion since the world outside those doors is a maddening busy street.


DSC_5611


Party at Panko over the weekend means unlimited drinks at $40++ per head for two hours! Beer, sake, shochu, whiskey or wine are up for grabs. The only catch is - how much can you drink and if those drinks are available.




DSC_5590




The over ordering starteths.


DSC_5575
Wagyu Beef ($6)






DSC_5589

Pork Belly ($3)




DSC_5605



Pork Arabiki Sausage ($3)








DSC_5593

Prawn ($6)

DSC_5608
Japanese Oyster with Tartar ($8)

DSC_5610
Young Corn ($2)









DSC_5586
Asapargus with Garlic Mayo ($6)

DSC_5563
Mochi with Bacon and Mentaiko Mayo ($5)








Up to here, these were repeats and still kept our bellies so happy.





DSC_5572



Chicken Fillet Cheese ($18)




Think breaded chicken stuffed with cheese, a simple kind of satisfaction.




DSC_5588



Cod Milt ($18)




Clearly no puffer fish sperm but it's a mid priced shirako. Still delicious I say!





DSC_5598






Beef Curry 5 Kushikatsu ($28)




The best value I'd say with 5 sticks of kushikatsu to go with beef curry! Coco ichibanya clearly changed my view of Japanese curry in general, and Panko definitely seconded that view. Fried food with curry is certainly on point delicious, there is truly a world beyond the rendangs and curry chickens out there.






DSC_5604



Hamachi Kama Shioyaki ($25)


Pork collar, fish collar I seem to have developed a love for these animal parts. And odd as it sounds and queer as it is, I am clearly not a fish fan but I enjoyed this.










DSC_5577

DSC_5579
DSC_5591




Back to the unlimited two hours #partyatpanko deal, we had a couple of drinks and it will be great if cocktails are included because some of the drinks were unavailable which "forces" you to order from the remaining drinks because of the fee already paid. Don't drink, so lugi?


Drinks aside, Panko is still a favourite place for kushi katsu, every visit has been consistently good.


Panko
33 Arab Street

Comments