Hai Di Lao @ 313 Orchard

DSC_7777

Hai Di Lao still remains a favourite for hotpot - their good service got them noticed in the early days and up to now, they are still tops for that. We arrived early enough at 11am, thinking that queueing would be superfluous, turns out the waitlist had started. Who eats hotpot at 10 in the morning?

DSC_7739

Popcorn, crackers, fruit and even longan tea were available at point of waiting to calm the hunger pangs.

DSC_7737

Plus, kids get a playroom all to themselves to create havoc and the frivolous can book an appointment with the nail technician for some pampering. I really would not mind waiting ever, if every restaurant provided such services!

The good service extends to baby cots even, I thought the standard was baby chairs.

DSC_7751

4 soup bases - tomato, seafood, mala and mushroom! For this reason, opting for the large steamboat is a must! Having individual pots is half the fun. My favourite has always been the tomato based, tangy and rich. One can even order for level of richness of the soups too.

DSC_7745

Directions for the perfect dipping sauce!

DSC_7744

One grouse, the sauces come at a tune of $4 per pax and we barely dipped them! Mental note not to bother with it.

DSC_7744

Dessert that we did not bother with.

DSC_7741

DSC_7769

Housemade Noodle ($4)

DSC_7771

The novelty of having a noodle chef twirl and whirl my noodles has not worn off and for just $4 for the entertainment, I find that great value. Lovely chewy noodles!

DSC_7749

US Beef Slices 

DSC_7750

Mutton Slices

Both went well with the mala soup base, masking out the gamey meat. And meat in shabu shabu style, the best way to eat meats! Sliced so thin and gets cooked so fast. I love how the fat crinkles up after cooking.

DSC_7756

Clams

Pretty to look at but these were so chewy, we ended up doing alot more jaw work than desired.

DSC_7747

Spinach
Crown Daisy
 

DSC_7773

Fried Tofu Skin ($5)

DSC_7775

This expanded into a flimsy edible film, uber delish with the mala soup! Truth be told, the longer the broth is kept boiling, the stronger the taste.

Great service and I love how half portions are offered which prevents wastage and more variety!

DSC_7776

Don't forget to pick up your complimentary icecream on the way out.

My favouritest hotpot place in town, now if only I needn't queue!

Hai Di Lao
313 Orchard

Comments

  1. Love the photos and what a great post! I've only visited the UK branch last year but would love to go to this one and many others abroad to try! I hope you can check out my post on my first visit to the chain here and comment: http://nyamwithny.com/sichuan-hot-pot-at-haidilao/ I really want to go back now after reading your post, it was so delicious! Having hotpot is a rarity for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment