Wedding Dinner @ Four Seasons Hotel, Hong Kong

My first overseas wedding and to some extent it was an eye-opening experience. A glance at the menu card revealed a 12 course dinner, averagely 3-4 courses more than our local dinners. I was expecting smaller portions to ease the gluttony but no, they were regular portions.



Whole Barbecued Suckling Pig

At traditional wedding dinners, this is a must and I was glad to be reunited with my favourite wedding dish! Crispy and served hot, I was delighted as can be. 



Baked Avocado Stuffed with Seafood

On the bland side with avocado used, an interesting dish to feature on a wedding menu. 



Wok Fried Prawns with Black Truffle and Fresh Lily Bulbs

As enamoured as I was over Lung King Heen, and hoping that the menu would be assisted by their stellar chefs, the prawns that appeared during the dinner were back to the artificially crunchy ones I experienced before. Loved the truffle, on the fence about the prawns.  



Braised Seasonal Vegetables with Crab Meat and Crab Coral




Bird's Nest Soup with Assorted Seafood

If I had a choice, I usually prefer my bird's nest served chilled. Warm soups usually taste like vermicilli unfortunately. 



Whole Fresh Abalone in Oyster Sauce

I was looking forward to this since Shark's Fin was out of the window. 



Steamed Star Garoupa in Soya Broth

Fish for the sake of a wedding dinner, somehow. 



Roast Crispy Chicken

No crackers in sight made me an unhappy roast chicken diner.



Fried Rice with Roasted Goose, Barbequed Pork and Taro

In my opinion barely fried, and perhaps by the time we reached this I was beyond full. 



Shrimp Dumplings in Superior Soup

I floored at yet another soup dish - was it very necessary to serve a bowl with just 2 dumplings soaking? I am not sure because this lacked flavour once again.



Double Boiled Red Dates, Dry Longans and Snow Fungus

The same dessert at lunch and also at dinner, I gave it a miss. 



Petit Fours

A repeat of lunch once again -which made me question how much of the dinner came from the kitchens of Lung King Heen? I hope not all because it was a far cry from lunch.

An opulent meal that somehow served more purpose to over feed than feed well. It seems to take on a very traditional chinese view that nobody from the table is allowed to leave hungry or polish off all his food otherwise it would seem terribly rude. By the end of it, I have actually tried to consume all the common edible animals except beef. Unfortunately for me, I was more concerned about the food wastage. It is a huge pity that we had the most amazing meal at Lung King Heen just hours earlier and dreams and we wistfully hoped that the same kitchen crew would be in charge of dinner.

Four Seasons Hongkong

Comments