Moomba Tuckshop Revisited @ Bank of China Building

I missed out the desserts only to return to miss them out again - never ever underestimate the power of cream based salads, as deceiving as they may seem. I have probably gotten so used to paying $10 for a portion of salad that it was a new change for half salads to be available - best of both worlds.

Moomba Tuckshop is one of those underground places that allows you the space and luxury to while away time and possibly shy away from the craziness outside those glass doors. 

Thai Chicken ($4)
I reasonably expected a tangy salad dressing with this carrot-chicken combination. Ended up with a sweet rendition instead of plain tasting chicken chunks with a pile of shredded carrots.


Chirozo Sausage Pasta ($4.50)
Still a personal favourite with feta cheese, chorizo sausages and pasta. Definitely not for the weight watchers.


ham and cheese

Ham and Swiss Cheese on Olive Foccacia ($9)

A friend once highly recommended their ham and cheese sandwiches and I jumped on the bandwagon for this. Filled with onion sprouts, it gave it an added spicy kick - which I initially mistook for alfafa. Nice take on a not too salty ham and cheese, would have been greater than great it the cheese was molten like mozzarella. Liked my choice of olive foccacia, soft yet chewy.

yum

Sugar Cured Salmon ($9)

I honestly cannot discern between sugar cured salmon and smoked salmon.

sugar cured salmon

Sugar certainly did not override any of the flavours and this tasted really like smoked salmon anyway. One of the more favourite smoked salmon sandwiches - flavours nailed.

beef sandie

Roast Beef on Onion Sage ($9)

Onions and mushrooms were the only form of vegetables in this one - coupled with tender sliced of roast beef, this was pretty hearty. Loved onion sage bread for its density.

Their breads are something that Moomba Tuckshop ought to be proud of. I would buy a loaf off the shelf! It still amazes me how their desserts have alluded me so...soon I promise!

Moomba Tuckshop
Bank of China Building

Comments

  1. Totally agree! I think Moomba Tuckshop serves one of the best sandwiches around. I love their spinach bread. Shall try the other breads next time.

    Sugar/salt cured salmon is gravlax, curing salmon without 'cooking' it. And smoked salmon is erm smoked haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hearts* the sugar cured salmon

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Foodie FC: *YUMS*

    @ice: yeappp! adore moomba tuckshop. whoa..ok, so the food guru speaks!!

    @yixiao: ME TOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment