Wine Tasting

Special thanks to Terald! 

My encounters with wines have been largely limited due to personal preferences and a lack of appreciation of swiveling and swirling of wine glasses. Despite going for wine pairing dinners and choosing wines over cocktails at drink sessions, I probably have not encountered enough to convert. So far, I have attempted mostly Australian wines only.

wines

I was gifted these two bottles of New Zealand wine to taste a while ago. From Brancott Estate, these Marlbourough wines come from the letter series.

toast

The Brancott Estate Letter Series ‘B’ is a single vineyard wine that displays fresh grapfruit and peach notes harvested from their vineyard. Loved how light this white tasted, smooth on the palette and easy to pair.



white

A popular one amongst the drinkers, I found pleasure in more than a glass or two.

reds

Brancott Estate "T" Marlbourough Pinot Noir was next on the menu. Crafted with grapes from low-yielding vines on our leading vineyard blocks, the Terraces Pinot Noir exhibits the highlights this variety is capable of in Marlborough. As with most reds which I find hard to like for its high level of acidity, this was smooth and palatable.

Two thumbs up for New Zealand wines, at least these two changed my perception towards personal favourites. Another to add to the comfort list that joins Wolfbass Gold Label Rieslings, Peccavi Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2009 "No Regrets" and moscatos.

Comments

  1. I want to try Peccavi Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2009 "No Regrets". Where do they serve this wine in glass, not by the bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ice: they're stocked at oyster bar (customs house) and salt grill and bar at ion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankew! Let me share more Peccavi love. (:(:(: I found it going for $60 at Moomba Wineshop and at Luke's for $18/40/80.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh enjoy! hope you like it as much as I do too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment