Restaurant Week: Stellar @ 1-Altitude

stellar

I must be quite hardcore for this March's Restaurant week..I made quite a few bookings but also cancelled quite a few - comes down to naught actually with the bookings and cancellations. Stellar has always been on the list somehow - dining with a view is always irresistible, especially at night. Somehow only made it for lunch and it was a hurried affair for me.

entrance

Like Forlino, it's all about entering what looks like a rabbit hole and into another world altogether.

menu

On hindsight their restaurant week lunch menu is priced higher than their usual $38++ set lunches.

stellar

Open concept kitchen.

table

Neatly folded napkins, I have yet to find a place that surprises me with the way they fold them.

walnut bread

Walnut bread served with butter, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The crust was mad crunchy and bread pillowy. Yet it still lacked some oomph for seconds.

poached egg

White asparagusSeasonal mushrooms, with poached egg and parma ham

The egg was overcooked with no sign of a runny egg. Crunchy asparagus with a nice side of mushrooms. Would have to say this is one of the poorest renditions of poached egg.

sushi

Sushi & SashimiUnagi Roll with avocado and unagi sauce

There were 3 types of sushi to pick one and I headed for the recommended spicy unagi. While I cannot fault the flavours, the rice was not as sticky as the usual Japanese sushi rice.Sashimi was thickly cut yet came in a hue of orange which I found artificial. I cannot put a finger to its taste, still fresh however.

lamb

Spring lambRoasted rack of lamb and crispy lamb shank cake, Pumpkin mousseline, port wine Jus

I had mine pink, these tender lamb chunks were well cooked. The greatest kitchen sin is to overcook anything at all, glad the kitchen was spot on for this. The sweet potato mash was like baby food - too watery! I felt the trail of crushed pistachio nuts were a good accompaniment.

seabream

Sea bassConfit fingerling potatoes, broad beans, zucchini blossom fritter

Too fresh this sea bream. Firm fish meets flavourful sauce. I found the garden of greens exceptionally hearty.


cheesecake



Caramel apple cheese cake barsEggless caramel cinnamon apple cake bars with toffee sauce

We both chose this over chocolate banana dessert. Portions were too generous infact for this muesli speckled cheesecake studded with toffee apples. Its namesake outshone the taste, not a great end to the meal.

Service is attentive and prompt throughout. I wish I had the option of a table with a better view. Yet for restaurant week, it was fully booked through lunch. I'm not sure if the additional $2 on top of their regular set lunches was well worth the price tag but this visit left me pleasantly surprised after hearing mostly negative things about Stellar.

On an irrelevant note, the lift takes way too long to reach the top - causes claustrophobic anxiety to set in quite easily.

$40++ for lunch

Stellar 
62nd Floor

Comments

  1. Look pretty stellar indeed, shall head there next RW. I too went quite crazeee during this restaurant week haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ paul: yes you should! :) wow, the places you went were places I wish I booked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ paul: yes you should! :) wow, the places you went were places I wish I booked!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment