Hai Tien Lo @ Pan Pacific Singapore

htl1


Since their renovation yonks back I've actually not been back at Hai Tien Lo and Michelin star aside, I was just happy to have dimsum for lunch.










htl5




Sweetened cashews with dessicated coconut greeted our table as appetizers, I love anything with coconut so this worked for me.

htl2
htl3




htl10


Steamed Xiao Long Bao with Minced Pork ($5.40)



One out of three remained juicy so with that kind of hit rate, I say stick with Din Tai Feng for on point Xiao long baos.



htl6




Poached Dumplings with Prawns in Vinegar and Chilli ($5.40)


In comparison this was a way better bet with juicy dumplings and a very piquant and tasty combination of vinegar, chilli oil and chilli padi.


htl9


Steamed Barbecued Pork Buns ($5.40)



htl8

Steamed Shrimps Dumplings ($6.80)





htl11



Steamed Pork and Prawns Dumplings with Fish Roe ($6.80)




All three are my dimsum quinessentials and all were executed pretty well!



htl7


Pan-fried Rice Flour Rolls with Dried Scallops in Chef’s Signature Homemade XO Chilli sauce ($5.40)


The XO Chilli Sauce was a letdown being too sweet and rice rolls on the flat side.



htl4







Deep-fried Beancurd with Salted Egg Yolk Sauce ($8)



Crispy beancurd cubes with salted egg yolk sauce proved to be a right decision, I expected smaller cubes but these were actually more satisfying.



htl12




Stewed Noodles with Shredded Duck Meat in Chef’s Signature Homemade XO Chilli Sauce ($8.80)


Driven by the need for more carbs beyond the table full of food, I still had to order this. Really ordinary and not worth the price tag.


I'm keen on the dimsum buffet that includes all these and more, exquisite dimsum dishes with hits and misses...I just need to score a weekday leave for that to happen...in peace!


Hai Tien Lo
Pan Pacific Singapore









Comments