Panko Revisited @ Haji Lane

DSC_3367


Lunch hour is almost a curse for Haji Lane, it is so quiet I swear it does look like I booked the restaurant for a friend's birthday.


DSC_3369


The benefit of having an empty restaurant is, our orders get fulfilled so fast! Here's chef deftly skewering our kushi katsu, breading them and then deepfrying.


DSC_3376


Each set comes with with soup, pickles, kushikatsu and dessert! My kushi katsu set came with a side salad. I thought the chawanmushi was delicious except for the dubious gel glob that bothered me quite a fair bit.


DSC_3379


Negitoro Don Set ($20) got me sold on the generous dollop of ikura roe! Not forgetting chopped tuna that makes any don oiishii. I am once again surprised how kushi katsu is their specialty yet the others are equally outstanding.




DSC_3380


The selection given for the sets is slightly different from the kushi katsu set but who's complaining? Top notch skewers.


DSC_3384


Assorted Kushi Katsu Set ($17) with six types of vegetables and meat. Of them all, prawn is my favourite, the umami flavours in every cautious bite - as delicious as it is, I had the feelers embedded in my gums (argh, a case of carelessness and gluttony).


DSC_3388


My very instagrammable yet super legit lunch.


DSC_3391


Vanilla icecream with chocolate sauce to wrap my lunch up.


Incredible value and they are running a promotion of a third lunch set on the house with every two purchased. #dontsaybojio


Panko
4 Haji Lane

Comments