Botanist @ Neil Road





I'm not sure when was the last time I even cafe hopped or visited a cafe proper. They mushroom so fast and I've clearly lost track until the strawberry generation brought me to one.



Hole in wall, blink and miss and hidden amongst the wall murals.




Corn Fritters ($18)
Sweet tomato salsa, hummus, guacamole, poached egg, baby spinach tossed yuzu vinaigrette

On a menu with mostly brunch offerings, I was drawn to this vegetarian dish. Four crispy corn fritter patties with a medley of dressing and side salad made me too full. Perhaps a salad would have been more satisfying because it got a tad too much somewhere halfway into my meal.




Seafood Aglio Olio ($23)
Spaghetti with prawn, clam, squid, garlic, chilli, basil

These was a visual teaser with a mildly spicy pasta dish. The assortment of seafood was tasty too.



Truffle Fries ($8)

These fries were overcooked for one and not even a generous dash of truffle oil nor parmesan shavings could save it. Not to mention the oil smell.

No GST and service charge is not enticing enough for a return, unfortunately. Or did I just get too unhip for cafes?

Botanist 
74 Neil Road

Comments