Uma Yakitori and Kushiaki Revisited @ Orchard Tower

We came, we fell in love and then decided this should be our monthly hangout for comfort food. It is no surprise that with each visit, there seems to be more locals seen - Did I let the cat out of the bag too soon?

DSC_0703

Their comic corner always cracks me up - image in mind involves an otaku chewing through tons of these comic books and eating yakitori mindlessly.

DSC_0708

Fillet Cutlet ($5.80)

I found the pork cutlet a tad tough, loved the crisp layer and plum sauce though.

DSC_0710

Pork Leg ($4.80)

I had pork knuckle at the back of my mind when I ordered this but this was mostly collagen and skin with barely any meat. I loved the braise and fragrance of the dish yet did not enjoy this as much as the collagen lover did.

DSC_0716

Fishcake North Japan ($4.80)

Wasabi and fishcake = priceless satisfaction. I never knew I would enjoy fishcake this much actually!

DSC_0712

Zo-sui ($5.80)


My BFF on rainy days, I am not sure what exactly goes into it yet it tastes so darn good no matter how many times I eat it. Chicken porridge for the soul, indeed.

DSC_0704

Our usual order of Set C with all of our favourites which really needs no further introduction.

DSC_0705

Vegetable sticks

DSC_0707

Deep fried items!

DSC_0709

Pork neck's my best bet always in this platter.

DSC_0714

Chicken Wing ($5.40)

The chicken wings were an additional order. Slurped it down to the bone, so yummy!

DSC_0713

And to end things off with rice and za sai.

I wish they served dessert though for a sweet and proper finale! That said, still my favouritest affordable yakitori joint in town!

Uma Yakitori and Kushiaki
150 Orchard Rd #01-26/27/28

Comments