Do.maine Bakery @ Tanjong Katong Road

DSC_5246


I am drawn to bakeries somehow, a case of being led by my nose literally. Do.main Bakery is the brainchild of Chef Frederic Deshayes, a French pastry chef who apprenticed at Lenôtre Paris, opened the first Lenôtre boutique in Seoul,work with Pierre Hermé and Christophe Michalak in Plaza Athénée.  The string of illustrious names aside, my interest was definitely piqued, the only bakery at Tanjong Katong Road that has been around for longer than a year - that, certainly serves as a mighty feat in this part of Singapore where local food trumps.

DSC_5248

Sets for the undecided.

DSC_5232

Plenty to choose from and seriously, do not even bother hemming and hawwing because the sets are godsent.

DSC_5245

DSC_5234

I had an original baguette, half for dine in the other half for take away. Superb with that slab of butter, nibbling on buttered baguette is back to basics kind of satisfaction.

DSC_5243

Ham and Egg Quiche

Since the days of Delifrance, I became acquainted with the quiche, a buttery pastry filled with egg custard mainly on top of a whole host of other ingredients. The pastry was well done, crispy and crinkly and best of all, the egg custard was moist and wobbly.

DSC_5237

Comes with a generous portion of greens too.

There was so many other items I have my eye on, now, I just need to find the time and the space for this baker in my 'hood!

Do.maine Bakery
226 Tanjong Katong Road

Comments