Singapore Air: SIN - Male - SIN

Singapore Air it was for this particular Jubilee Weekend trip - and having been a loyalist of Cathay, I must have forgotten how it felt like flying with the national carrier.

DSC_0454

I was trying to spot as many of these 3D exhibits but only found chicken rice. SG50 everything and I thought Changi Airport did some real justice to this overused tag.

DSC_0461

Hot towels first up - a nice welcome I thought.

DSC_0467

Earphones tucked at the side...just how long have I stopped flying Singapore Air to notice such details? Must have been a pretty long time.

DSC_0473

I was this tempted to purchase one of these SG50 memorabilia, must have been the guilt for being away for the whole of the Jubilee weekend.

DSC_0475

Singapore Sling straight out of a bottle and many cans and given a quick mix - of course Long Bar would have done a meaner job but I'm mid air and this is the next best alternative.

DSC_0476

Seafood meal that turned out to be the same option as the fish option offered in the main menu. Dang, I should have just opted for this to get my food first.

DSC_0478

DSC_0481

Metal cutlery how I have missed you so - plastic cutlery no matter how thick, still does not feel the same as the metals. The fish was excellent, not overcooked and just right. I was clamouring for more and possibly ate through most of the fish and abandoned by choice of chicken curry rice.

DSC_0484

Still delicious but the fish trumped all other options.

DSC_0488

Prawn pasta, tasty stuff and for once I think the seasoning is done right for airline meals.


DSC_0489

Dessert was sorely disappointing however. No magnum, no haagen dazs but Magnolia compound chocolate coated vanilla flavoured icecream. It already sounds synthetic.

DSC_0490

Horrible tasting icecream.

DSC_0494


One bite was all we managed. Boo.

On the way back, the hour delay at Male City and terrible bouts of turbulences caused a super duper delayed lunch at close to dinner time.


DSC_1792

Nuts and Juice

Thank god for these over due nibbles, they helped silence the hunger for the first 2 hours into the flight at least.

DSC_1794

Tuna Pasta

The Maldivian escapade saw me eating a whole lot of tuna and even if this was straight out of a can, it was strangely very comforting. A delicious appetizer that would be worth replicating in my kitchen.

DSC_1793

Braised Beef with Potatoes

I wish those potatoes were roasted and the braised beef packed more flavour.

DSC_1796

Chocolate Cream Cake with Coffee Cream

Call me noob but the entertainment channels kept me busy for the 4.5 hour flight and the best part is, my earphones were not collected! So that means entertainment until the very last minute.

A great way to fly indeed, Singapore Air.


DSC_1797

Ahah, chilli crab to welcome me home.

Comments