KUVO Revisited @ Orchard Shopping Center

DSC_0540

KUVO is your answer if you'd like a dining place void of any of the maddening crowds that plagues Orchard in general. A concept by TCC Group, a relatively newbie along Somerset and it boasts of a bar, bistro and even a gift shop.

On top of the numerous dining promotions they have, they now offer a semi buffet to diners for a tune of $45++. Choose a mains and you get access to unlimited servings from the appetizer and dessert bar.


DSC_0527

All you can eat.

DSC_0534

Ham shaved on the spot.

DSC_0535

Duck riclette is my best friend next to pate.

DSC_0526

Raspberry financiers anyone? The dessert corner is not as extensive though the morsel portions work for me.

DSC_0529

Cream of mushroom that had us refilling our bowls so many times - I love how mushrooms are added to the broth for the earthy aftertaste. Throw in chives and croutons for more texture!

DSC_0533

A DIY Salad corner that saw us loading up on a variety of cuts with baby spinach leaves.

DSC_0531

The best thing about having a semi buffet is I can order as many rounds of appetizers as possible. This time, I particularly enjoyed the duck riclette and shaved ham.

DSC_0536

Gratinated Blue Cheese Wagyu Beef Burger
Housemade wagyu patty, creamy blue cheese and golden fries

Burgers are my weakness, for every bad burger I have eaten, I find enough heart to stomach another hoping for the best.

The version at KUVO is surprisingly kick ass delicious - that blue cheese sauce draping over the grilled patty is one sight enough to bring on the drool.


DSC_0538

Chargrilled Ribeye Steak
Truffle mash, garlic confit and red wine jus





Chef once again surprises with a juicy protein, well charred and I love those grill marks.


DSC_0539

See what I mean by their semi buffet is completely morsel sized. Great for sampling without too much wastage. While the appetizers worked for me, the desserts did not.

Worth a visit and until it gets all popular, it is a chillax place for those who hate dining amidst crowds.

KUVO
Orchard Shopping Center

Comments