Recent posts

Mikuni Revisited @ Fairmont Singapore


DSC_0238


I love dining by the robata counter in a Japanese restaurant because of a view like that. Having the day's freshest laid out infront of me, is definitely a sight to behold. Dining like that makes me spend more somehow, because all these temptations somehow egg me on to make more orders. Who says you need a cute chef?

DSC_0253

And part of the robata experience includes the novelty of taking my dishes from the oar! #cheapthrills

DSC_0242

In true Mikuni style, we get offered these ebi crackers as appetizers and my main grouse till today after so many meals is - why not more? Or even have these addictive nibbles sold in jars!

I can never tire of the Robata Set Lunch that is a steal at $68, just the kagoshima beef itself already makes this so worthwhile. Since this is the nth time I am trying the set, I shall let the pictures do the drooling.

DSC_0241

DSC_0243

DSC_0250

DSC_0252

DSC_0254


DSC_0263

DSC_0265


DSC_0245

Truffle Sea Urchin Tofu ($38)
Beancurd, tofu, truffle soya, caviar

DSC_0248

I had to do a closeup of the sea urchin shell topped with sea urchin and tofu. Visually very pleasing, the creamyness of the sea urchin and tofu made slurping it almost mandatory - I just wish the sea urchin shells were a lot larger.


DSC_0258


Kagoshima Wagyu Beef ($78)

DSC_0262

Oh holy cow - these two sticks were so rich and well marbled, it was a wordless 10 seconds after every bite at least to take in all the juices and oils. Since going to Mikuni and getting acquainted with Kagoshima beef, I have been over pampered and almost spoilt with such good quality beef. A must try and definitely worth the splurge, if not just head for the lunch set!

DSC_0260

Mikuni Maki ($25)

Another must order for me, these sushi rolls are not entirely traditional but they have the must haves in one - sesame seeds, eel and bonito flakes. Throw in an extra generous swipe of their freshly grated wasabi, I am so sold. AGAIN.

DSC_0271

King Crab Fried Rice ($18)

For as many orders as I have made for the Mikuni Maki, the same applies to the King Crab Fried Rice. The amount of crab chunks is enough to send me to seafood paradise.

DSC_0273

Instead of panna cotta, we had nespresso icecream instead.



DSC_0276 

Sweet farewell, Mikuni. Until the next indulgent meal!

Mikuni
Fairmont Singapore

A foodie born to eat, shop and travel. Forced to work.

0 burps: