NUVO Revisited @ Marina Square

As part of American Express' 30licious deals, there are a number of dining establishments with a $30++ menu either for lunch, dinner or selected dishes. The promotion has since ended on 2 December. I was piqued by NUVO's menu since it was impressive the last time round.

DSC_0035

Toasty tomato foccacia bread served with piped herb butter, it was as good as I remember it to be. I love freshly baked bread and it just shows how serious the kitchen takes such details - outsourced bread is major no-no.

DSC_0038

Vanilla mushroom soup

Vanilla or not, I love my mushroom soups. What more with a perfectly cooked poached egg to cream things up.

DSC_0041

Osso Bucco

Loved the crispiness, this would have made a really good tempura and double portions would have made me really happy.

DSC_0046

Angel hair wakame

Served chilled, the al dente pasta tossed in lobster oil was a hearty kind of delicious. The crushed nuts gave it a lovely texture.


DSC_0044

Kurobuta pork belly

The sliver of pork belly was ridiculously small, enough for one big mouthful and that was it.

DSC_0049

Japanese kinako delight

Mochi and red bean always works wonders for me - it helps that the mochi is extra chewy too!

DSC_0047

Fuji apple and parimigiano - reggiano torta 

Simply put an apple cheesecake. The tartness of the cheesecake was a tad mismatched with the apples.

For $30++, I suppose there is little left to complain about. A number of hits actually and I am dying to be back for the full mains portions of the angel hair pasta!

NUVO 
Marina Square

Comments