Mikuni Revisited @ Fairmont Hotel

DSC_0158

I love heading to Mikuni for lunch, especially if there is a seat by the Robata counter.

DSC_0160

Pampered with a view like that, I am so spoilt.


DSC_0161

Kagoshima beef, to die for kind of delicious.

DSC_0162

Small gestures like these remind me of Japan.

DSC_0163

Japanese Chawanmushi Egg Custard

I can never say no to chawanmushi this silken smooth, packed with gingko nuts and crabmeat. Slurpworthy much, seconds please!

DSC_0164

Organic Mixed Green Salad with Sesame Sauce

The same salad that gets served everytime I dine there - loves the crunchy bits with the roasted sesame doused salad.

DSC_0165

Hokkaido Scallop with Onion Butter

Onion and butter has to be the most ingenious combinations ever, the sweet and savoury marriage is beyond oral comprehension.

DSC_0166

Atka Mackerel from Kyushu and Green Asparagus

Grilled to perfection, the charred mackerel was a joy to eat.

DSC_0168

Kurobuta Pork Tsukune with Egg

The only time I'd ever eat an egg raw is in a dish like this - creamy yolky blend with the pork tsukune studded with cartilage.

DSC_0170

Kagoshima Wagyu Beef with Garlic Soya

Joy to the senses and tongue every single encounter I have with kagoshima beef.

DSC_0173

Kyoto-style Herring Fish Soba

Japanese noodles, especially soba served warm is always a comforting eat to indulge in, without any of the overladen MSG. I slurped down to the very last drop.

DSC_0174

These are not the smoothest noodles around but so delicious! I just did not enjoy the bony herring that much.

DSC_0176

Daily Seasonal Dessert

DSC_0175

Mikuni ought to have this on their permanent menu - panna cotta with a slew of berries. The best of its kind eaten.

I've eaten this menu twice and still so good! Somehow I think this is way more worth while than their other bento sets.

Mikuni
Fairmont Hotel

Comments