Viet Express @ China Square

I remember concluding that Vietnamese food locally is not quite my thing – more so after I have attempted the authentic in Ho Chi Minh. The boss was eager for us to try his favourite restaurant and excitedly continued with his enchantment of Vietnam. I could be missing something here about Vietnam..

Set lunches go for a pop of $18++, multi course which includes a starter salad, appetizers of rice rolls and fried spring rolls, a noodle dish and drink.

Salad of raw cabbage, carrots and fried onions. I am usually not a fan of fried onions for the icky oily aftertaste but this was quite well done – whet the appetite quite abit.

rice rolls x spring rolls

Fried Spring Rolls

Crisp rolls with blended meat. I thought this was pretty good.

Rice Rolls

While the bay leaves were evident, this rice vermicelli-prawn-pork stuffed rice roll had an addictive bite to it.

pho accompaniments

Healthy fix.

pho

Beef Pho

Rice noodles were a tad soft but the broth was clear, clean tasting with tons of MSG but it elicited “oiishii desu” in the same manner a good ramen would. Beef balls were plastic but credit given for tender as can be beef slices.

condiments

Perfect for pho.

My avocado milk shake was a tad bland though.

gulp

Decent Vietnamese food with homey surroundings.

Viet Express
China Square

Comments