Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant @ Plaza Singapura

I tried Nanxiang in Shanghai and did not fancy it despite queueing an hour for it. I attributed it to taking the cheaper way out rather than sitting in the teahouse and tucking into the finer ones. When they opened a outlet in Bugis years back, I did not fancy it too much. With the other outlet at Plaza Sing, I actually bothered enough to drop by.

nanxiang

The outline of their store in Beijing.

menu

Menu.

basket theme

I took interest in their decor - mostly of the bamboo steamers. Smart!

snooze

Snooze time for some of the servers while the rest of the restaurant indulged in tea time snacks.

drunken chicken

Nanxiang Drunken Chicken ($6.80)

Served chilled with a hint of alcohol, I thought this was a refreshing appetizer.

potstickers

Shanghai Panfried Dumpling ($5)

Can't go wrong with this, the best of the meal. Pan seared meaty potstickers!

ginger

Ginger for xiaolongbaos.

crabmeat xlbs

Crabmeat and Pork Filling Steamed Bun ($9)

Dough skin of moderate thickness, these soupy dumplings were alright at best. Nothing spectacular though, I was expecting something better out of a combination of crabmeat and pork at least!

I wasn't wowed in Shanghai, definitely not either in Singapore.


Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant 
Plaza Singapura

Comments

  1. In Beijing? Shanghai, you mean? =)

    I heard that PS branch should be the best cos the chef's from the head branch haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS. haha...huh serious! suppoed to be best? =_=

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment