Al Forno Revisited @ East Coast Road

Al Forno is close to the heart, being such a stone's throw away from the house..whenever I need comfort food, it comes to mind. I've actually lost count of the number of visits I have paid it, but here's a recap of the yum.

kitchen

Same kitchen.

table

Same old, same old.

al forno

Table arrangement hardly changed either.

2009 I thought pasta was better
2010 I concluded pizzas are better.

Let's see what I concluded in 2011.

Al Forno's usually packed to bits during dinner most days of the week. It has been so since day one that I stepped into Al Forno, even before 2009.

Headed for safe options this time round without any surprises.

parma ham pizza

Pizza Primavera ($25)
Tomato, mozzarella cheese, fresh rocket salad and parma ham

I liked it enough the first time I attempted it and still did this time round. Loved the generous scattering of rocket leaves and parma ham combination. Particularly liked the thickness of crust - moderately satisfying!

pasta

Spaghetti Al Forno ($25)
Spaghetti with king prawn and fish fillet in light creamy tomato sauce and a dash of chilli

Liked the spicy kick this had though not a fan of the softer than usual spaghetti. I still like my pasta with a slight firmness. Or perhaps I should stick with pasta done al dente in future. The creamy sauce was delectable and so was the king prawn though the crumbled dory fish fillets were a tad too morsel-sized.

It's a one-love draw for both now. I say, make wise choices and Al Forno's a keeper.

Al Forno
East Coast Road

Comments