360degrees Lounge @ Mandarin Orchard

360degrees on 36th floor at Marina Orchard seemed more promising than Bar on 5 on the 5th floor. Yet once the lift doors opened, I kind of knew I'd be disappointed. And rightfully so.

360degrees...where? Unspectacular view...not something that I was wow-ed with at all.

Now with sky scrapers climbing higher and higher, 36 storeys is considered regular height. Coupled with dirty glass windows and sparsely furnished lounge..it felt so yesteryears. No complaints about an overly friendly experienced waitress though she seemed over rehearsed by peppering her responses with "sure", "no problem"...too eager to please?

nuts

A bowl of non-refillable nuts gets served...it's just eating nuts with drinks that gets me psyched.
Anyhow, I headed straight for their super sized drinks - the need for intoxication after a long work week.

frozen margarita

Super sized? I nearly bowled over in laughter. Strawberry Daiquiri laced with salt but portion was definitely not super sized.

whiskey

Whiskey on the rocks for the companion...we are sure bitter corporate folks!

mandarin orchard

Dirty windows with a subpar view to match.
Somewhat passe the place is...just once and it's good enough. Makes me wonder if the once revered Top of the M is worth the while anymore with stunning views it was once known for.

360degrees Lounge
Marina Orchard

Comments