Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant @ Goodwood Park Hotel


A random successful visit despite several failed lunch attempts at Tatsuya. It was really one of those days where the lunch company and I felt like Japanese...good Japanese. Photography was not quite the top of priorities given that it was a business lunch and having to whip out the camera was...strange. We were lucky enough to nab a table inside after a short wait, Tatsuya was expectedly packed.


The menu promised fresh fish flown in from Tsukiji Market in Tokyo and secretly I hope they lived up to the expectations.

  

Sushi Set ($30.90)

My attempts at Japanese apart from the regular Sakae, Sushi Tei and Ichiban Boshi fixes have been limited to buffets at Hanabi, Ikoi and Honjin. Apart from that the only other Japanese restaurant I frequent is Kura No Naka and it ends there rather prematurely.

Based on that, I found Tatsuya's sushi bento set fit for the sushi queen. Marvellously good could be the greatest understatement. Neatly pressed rice with a generous sliver of raw fish on top. Oiishii, infintely. It could be the pearls of rice flavoured with a dab of vinegar, or the extra fresh sliver. For one I knew, sushi never tasted this way before. Oddly, even the cucumber maki rolls were delicious. I guarded my prized bento set precariously, hopefully nobody's stray chopsticks found their way in. Particularly, I liked ebi and the extreme right one best. 

After polishing off the distracting row of goodies, I proceed to the next box in the lacquer tray; California rolls and their signature tamago. Tamago was not all sweet, a neat balance between sugar and salt.

Tempura goodness, light crispy batter coated prawns, pumpkin and brinjal.




Sauces for dipping, a wholesome miso soup and a mini fruit platter to end the meal. The fruit platter was all of watermelon and pear that was doubly sweet.





Chawanmushi to round all the sushi dreams. The smoothest to date though I did not fancy the rawness of the green bits.


Tatsuya ended on a brilliant note, the companions were equally wowed with their sashimi sets. I wish I said yes to foie gras sushi or even abalone when offered...sigh! Well at least, that warrants a return soon!



Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant
Goodwood Park Hotel

Comments

  1. Awww... my favorite dining place. (:

    Certainly the best sushi restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean when you describe your defensiveness for your bento against the straying chopsticks. Tatsuya's food is indeed lovely. Shall pay it a visit next time I'm back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes yes yes! i have to agree YET again with your recommendations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ sihan: (: i can't wait to go back too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment