Nantsutei @ Parco Marina Bay


Nantsutei, the IT ramen place at Parco Marina Bay has been compared to Ippudo furiously in the flogosphere. A gf egged me on -nudged-insisted I tried the "best" ramen place. And I did. It was an close shave of breaking my stiletto heel trying to dodge the supposed mad queues as I half dashed-half walked to Nantsutei.



Every visitor gets welcomed too warmly for Singapore's standards with a chorused greeting, did not sound like "Irrashaimase".At 615pm, I evaded the reported horrifying snaking queues and was whisked in. Sit yourself down and a menu promptly gets thrusted into your hands. Menu is limited to ramen, gyoza and minced meat rice. Dessert is almost unrequired.






Ramen ($12)
Tonkotsu soup,black ma-yu (roast garlic oil), chashu, seaweed, bean sprouts, spring onion

Ajitsuke tama (flavored boiled egg) ($1)

I was curious about what lurked behind this dark looking dish. The roast garlic oil could be a dampener, you either love or hate it. Rich soup that could easily pass off as a potent Cantonese Soup with alot more flavour.

Chashu, was boy...a fatty sliver that I slurped down with such gusto...it disappeared faster than naught. Oodles of noodles, slurpworthy but was too salty. The oil was still bearable though.



Ahh, an the must have egg with ramen, nothing to yell about, save for the standard orange yolk.

That was it. A bowl of salty noodle. All the hype's worth.



Fuufu Enman Gyoza(Happy Couple Gyoza) ($6)

I second every comment that says this is obviously frozen food and was served burnt. Ordinary at best.

Service that I could not find fault with but for all the hype and buzz about this being the best in Singapore. I have my reservations, still sticking to Marutama at Central for a hearty fix.

http://www.nantsu.com/sg/

Nantsutei
Parco Marina Bay
#03-06

Comments

Post a Comment