Coffee Bean Takeaway

Takeaways always makes me happy, Coffeebean for distance's sake has been a dear friend (through the years) in times of a dessert fix.



Key Lime Meringue Tart ($5.60)

This was introduced more than a year back and I did a double take on it then. Once again reappearing on the menu with flamed meringue made me doubly happy. Coffeebean surprises yet again with another magical touch, Coffeebean's always been a trusty place for decent desserts.



Meringues and lime desserts are no common sight, yet the number of establishments that have gotten it right are far and few. They usually end up with the wrong proportions of either ingredient that results in the scrunching of facial muscles upon tasting.

Coffeebean does it oh-so-right, crunchy tart base with zesty light lime custard filling and a gorgeously torched meringue.



Coconut Red Bean Cake ($5)

A delicately baked 4 layer cake of cream, sponge, red bean and tart base sprinkled with coconut flakes. I'll classify this as 'acquired' though I'm thoroughly enjoying the flavours put together, very local indeed.




Mandarin Orange Cheesecake ($5.80)

The slightest hint of mandarin orange made me question if my tastebuds had gone haywire. I adore the creamy finish.



Rocky Financier ($3.50)

Simply sponge cake with chocolate-coated marshmellows.




Walnut Banana Loaf ($3.50)

Another simpleton, a little dry.

Coffeebean

Comments